St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, Smiths Falls, seeks applications for the part-time position of Sunday School Coordinator (7 hrs/week, including Sundays from 9:30am to 12noon).
The Sunday School Coordinator will coordinate and teach Sunday School to children from approximately 4 to 12 years of age.
1. Coordination and Preparation (approximately 65%)
- Develop weekly Sunday School lesson plans based upon the Revised Common Lectionary and the liturgical year, selecting Bible stories, associated crafts, songs and prayers (or ordering and implementing comparative curriculum)
- Coordinate parent/student volunteers to assist at Sunday School;
- Ensure adequate supervision of the Nursery, including hiring youth staff, if required
- Seasonal decoration of Sunday School area
- Prepare seasonal activity packages for children who wish to remain in the church with their families
- Develop and prepare Christmas Pageant for presentation on Christmas Eve at 4pm service
2. Teaching (approximately 35%)
- Teach Sunday School, including leading prayers, songs, reading Bible stories, leading the children in creating crafts to reinforce themes from the weekly lectionary readings.
- Six months experience in teaching or leading a children’s classroom or activity;
- Rudimentary knowledge of the Anglican Church of Canada and sympathy with its values;
- Successful completion of a criminal record check.
- Undergraduate degree in Education, or a diploma in Early Childhood Education, or certification in related disciplines;
- “Godly Play” training
Remuneration: To be discussed at interview
Applications with a resume may be sent to the Reverend Canon Catherine Ascah
St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, 2 George St. S., Smiths Falls, ON K7A 1X4.
While all expressions of interest will be gratefully received, only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. St. John’s reserves the right to contact individuals and to arrange for interviews at any time