WELCOME BACK TO IN-PERSON WORSHIP
We are back to in-person worship at St. John’s. Sunday service times are at 8am & 10am. Capacity limits are in effect as we return under Amber Stage protocols in our diocesan In This Together Plan. Information about the what to expect can be found on our website:
But here are the basics:·
- Better to pre-register. If you call or e-mail the parish office, letting us know which service you would like to attend, we can be sure to have a spot for you. ·
- Please enter via the parish hall entrance at George St. If the steps are a barrier, then you may enter via the ramp at the back parking lot. It is helpful if you tell us if you need the ramp entrance when you register.·
- Masks must be worn in the building. ·
- There will be music, but no congregational singing...at least not yet. But, coming soon! (See “Moving to Yellow Stage” below)·
- Enjoy some fellowship on the front lawn after church! That’s right. Keep your physical distance, wear your mask and you can catch up with friends outside following the service – weather premitting. ·
- Not ready to come back into the building yet? That’s okay. Livestreaming of the service will be offered on YouTube & Facebook starting at 8am (Note: if we are having technical difficulties, please be patient. We’ll get the service posted asap.) Also, the service is broadcast the following Sunday at 8am & 1pm on YourTV Cogeco Cable.
It’s not too late to register, so do feel free to call. Even if it’s Friday afternoon or Saturday. After office hours, it is best to call and leave a message rather than e-mail. We’ll do everything we can to accommodate you.
Starting Wednesday, August 4, our mid-week service of Holy Communion from the Book of Common Prayer will resume at 10am. You do not need to pre-register for this service. Please enter via the parish hall or the door from the parking lot. Please provide your contact information on the sign in sheet at the back of the church, collect a prayer book and reading sheet and make your way to an available pew in the church, observing physical distance from other households.Information regarding our diocesan response to the pandemic can be found at https://www.ottawa.anglican.ca/index.php/covid-19 Compline continues to be live streamed on Facebook at 9pm each evening.
MOVING TO YELLOW STAGE IN THE PANDEMIC PLANStarting on Monday, August 30, assuming conditions allow, St. John’s will move to the Yellow Stage of our diocesan In This Together pandemic plan. Details of what is permitted under this stage are outlined in the full plan available at the link above. But in summary:·
- Congregational singing with masks will be permitted·
- Social hour will be permitted indoors following the service with a maximum of 25 people·
- At this time, St. John’s will not be introducing the Common Cup to the Eucharist. While permitted under this stage, we are choosing to wait for a few months as we get more accustomed to an easing of restrictions.·
- Physical distancing must continue and masks continue to be required
MONDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY TAKING A BREAKMonday Night Bible Study via Zoom will take a break in August and resume on Monday, September 13. If you would like to join in this weekly discussion of the Gospel passage for the upcoming Sunday, please e-mail [email protected] A separate daytime Bible study in person of 10 people or fewer is being considered starting in September. This Bible study format will look at taking a book of the Bible and working through it in sequence each week. If you are interested in this, please contact the Rev’d Robert Sicard at [email protected] suggesting a day and time that is most suitable. More information will be made available in September based on feedback.
AFTERNOON TEA TUESDAYSThe Tuesday Tea fellowship hour will also take a break in August.